To invest in Centuria’s Funds as a wholesale investor, you need to qualify. A Wholesale investor generally needs to fall within one of the categories below. If you don’t fall into one of these categories please contact us, as subject to the law we may still be able to accept your Application to invest as a wholesale investor.
How Investors qualify to be Wholesale Investors
- You provide a Qualified Accountant’s Certificate that was obtained within the preceding 2 years which certifies that you have;
- net assets of at least $2.5 million; or
- gross income for each of the last 2 financial years of at least $250,000 a year,
and you are applying for units in the Fund for a purpose other than for use in connection with a business. A blank Qualified Accountant’s Certificate can be accessed from the above link.
- The Investor is a company or trust controlled by persons who meet one or both of the criteria in point 1 above, i.e. the person has a Qualified Accountant’s Certificate.
- You invest at least $500,000 in a single offer. This means you are considered wholesale and are not required to provide the above mentioned accountant’s certificate.
- You are a “professional investor”.
This means that you meet one of the following categories:
- An Australian Financial Services licensee
- A person who has or controls gross assets of at least $10 million (including assets held by an associate or under a trust that the person manages).
- A body regulated by APRA (other than a trustee of a superannuation fund, an approved deposit fund, a pooled Superannuation fund or a public sector superannuation scheme). This category generally includes banks, credit unions, general insurance companies, life insurance companies and friendly societies.
- A body registered under the Financial Corporations Act 1974.
- A trustee of a superannuation fund, an approved deposit fund, a pooled superannuation fund or a public sector Superannuation scheme in circumstances where that fund, trust or scheme has net assets of at least $10 million.
- A listed entity or a related body corporate of a listed entity.
- An exempt public authority.
- Centuria considers the Investor to have previous investing experience which qualifies them as a wholesale investor, i.e. if you meet the “sophisticated investor” criteria under the Corporations Act. Please contact the Centuria Investor Services team for further information on 1300 22 44 24 or firstname.lastname@example.org.