Valuing ESG at 818 Bourke St, Docklands
818 Bourke Street in Melbourne’s Docklands is an A-grade office building, comprising nine levels with a ground level retail offering. Centuria’s Office REIT (ASX:COF) acquired the asset in December 2018 and has since initiated value-add capital works, which provide tenants with better wellness, connectivity and sustainability measures.
These initiatives include:
- Rooftop gardens and open-air workout space complete with BBQs, seated decking and yoga facilities1
- A new training room, providing a multi-function space enabling Centuria to host mental health, nutrition and wellness seminars for all tenants (opened late 2021)
- F45 fitness classes from a dedicated tenancy
- Gold WiredScore2 Rating, which is a high score for the property’s existing infrastructure and connectivity. Centuria’s asset management team is undertaking further works, which aim to achieve a Platinum rating (the highest possible)
- 140.4 kW solar system installation to power part of the base building
- A share car system within the building’s car park, enabling better mobility for tenants’ transportation needs
- Car charging infrastructure for electric vehicles (opens late 2022)
- Concierge service.
818 Bourke Street has also been awarded a 5 Star NABERS Energy Rating and a 6 Star NABERS Water Rating as of September 2021. The Centuria team is now targeting a 6 Star NABERS Energy Rating.
Learn more about leasing opportunities at 818 Bourke Street.
1. Opens in October, 2022
2. WiredScore ratings are the global digital connectivity certification system that helps landlords assess, improve, benchmark and promote their buildings.
Perth’s premium-grade sustainability-conscious office building, Exchange Tower, is taking a step beyond its 5.5 star NABERS energy rating by providing a complementary electric vehicle (EV) for its tenants to use during business hours