ESG at 825 Ann Street – Fortitude Valley
825 Ann Street1, Fortitude Valley is an A-grade office building comprising 11 levels with a ground level retail offering. Positioned amongst Fortitude Valley’s commercial precinct, 825 Ann St provides tenants and visitors with close proximity to public transport, restaurants and the Valley’s famous nightlife.
The Centuria team have focused on initiatives to reduce the asset’s environmental footprint, improve tenant wellness and create new dynamic working spaces.
These initiatives include:
- Construction of a new training room, providing a multi-function space enabling Centuria or tenants to host mental health, nutrition and wellness seminars
- Construction of a new end of trip facility to increase tenant satisfaction and complement existing facilities such as bike rakes, allowing tenants to ride into the office
- Installation of a 35.36kW solar system, reducing the asset greenhouse emissions and supporting base building energy consumption
- A co-mingled waste program is being implemented throughout the building2 – tracking general waste, cardboard and organics floor-by-floor and by respective tenants. Monitoring will help inform what waste programs should be further developed to help reduce and divert more waste away from landfill
- Building management system installed and optimisation being implemented throughout 2023 to further increase energy savings.
825 Ann Street has also been awarded a 5.5 Star NABERS Energy Rating, up from 5 Stars the previous year, and a 4.5 Star NABERS Water Rating as of October 2022. The Centuria team is now targeting a 6 Star NABERS Energy Rating.
1. 825 Ann St, is currently housed in the Centuria Office Fund (ASX:COF)
2. To be completed by early 2023
Perth’s premium-grade sustainability-conscious office building, Exchange Tower, is taking a step beyond its 5.5 star NABERS energy rating by providing a complementary electric vehicle (EV) for its tenants to use during business hours